- Thoroughly mix lard and sugar together.
- Add cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Add 2 eggs and mix.
- Add flour, one cup at a time, and slowly mix until dough can be easily rolled into balls. (All flour may not be needed, adjust accordingly to dough texture)
- Roll dough into 1" balls and roll balls in cinnamon/ sugar topping mixture
- Bake, un an uncreased cookie sheet, at 400 degrees for 8- 10 minutes. Do not over bake
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Have your own grain mill? You can also purchase Llano Seco whole grain wheat berries and grind and mill your own flour. If interested in purchasing a grain mill check out this Kitchen Aid attachment.