Butter Bean and Bacon Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
Bacon Salad Recipe,
Bean Salad Recipe,
Lima Bean Salad Recipe,
Salads & Sides,
Smoked & Salted
Baby Lima Beans:
- 1 lb. Llano Seco Baby Butter Beans
- 2 quarts water (enough to cover the beans by several inches of water)
- 1 lb. Llano Seco Bacon Lardons (or small diced bacon)
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine or champagne vinegar
- cooled vinegar mixture from cooking bacon
- 1/4 preserved lemon
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small bunch green onions (both white and green parts)
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1 small bunch chervil
- 1 small bunch dill
- Rinse Butter Beans and soak overnight
- Cook beans on medium heat until fully cooked but not so soft they fall apart.
- Drain and set aside
- Combine bacon and water in pan.
- Cook on medium heat until bacon is crispy and drain on paper towel.
- Pour off bacon fat from pan and add vinegar to pan. Scrape off crispy bits stuck to pan and simmer on low for 30 seconds.
- Turn off heat and set aside to cool.
Vinaigrette and Herbs
- Blend all vinaigrette ingredients except olive oil on medium/high until smooth.
- Slowly stream in olive oil until completely blended.
- Toss Butter Beans in vinaigrette while beans are still warm.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled- overnight is best.
- Finely chop all herbs.
- Mix together herbs, beans and bacon.
- Taste, adjust with salt and pepper if needed and serve.
Makes 8 Cups