- Soak beans over night
- Sauté mirepoix base (chopped garlic, onion, shallot, celery, carrots and onion) in olive oil in a large pot.
- Add cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, white wine and tomato paste. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add honey, molasses, red wine vinegar, chicken stock and fresh herbs. Stir to combine.
- Add soaked beans and enough water to cover the beans by 1 inch. Bring to a boil.
- Cook on simmer for 4 hours.
- Add slurry and stir in to thicken broth.
- Cook 30 mins - 1 hour until beans are tender and creamy.
- Serve garnished with creme friache and chopped chives.
Yield: Serves 12
Prep Time: 12 hour bean soak
Cooking Time: 5 to 6 hours
These hearty and flavorful baked beans are delicious and sophisticated alternative to the overly sweet baked beans we're all familiar with. They're a rich and savory side dish the whole family will love.