Ancho Chili Pork Belly with Sonora Grain Salad
Salads & Sides,
Smoked & Salted
Ancho Spice Rub
- 1 1/2 tbls. salt
- 2 tbls. brown sugar
- 2 tbls. ancho chili powder
- 1 tbls. cumin
- 1 tbls. finely ground decaf coffee beans
- 1 cup cooked Llano Seco Sonora Wheat Berries
- 2 ears of corn, roasted
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- Whole cilantro leaves (preferred amount to mix in)
- 6 tomatillos, roasted
- 3 green onions, grilled
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbls. olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes
- Salt to taste
- Rub spice mix over belly.
- Place belly on a cooking rack, skin side up.
- Roast in 225* F oven for 3 hours.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate over night.
- Next day, slice belly into 1/2" slices.
- Add 2 tbls oil to sauté pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add slice of pork belly to pan and cook one minute on each side, until skin begins to crisp.
- Blend all salsa verde ingredient in blender.
- In a bowl, mix cooked Sonora grain with 1/4 cup salsa verde.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro, corn and gently mix.
- Portion grain salad onto four plates.
- Place slices of pork belly over grain salad.
- Drizzle extra salsa verde over top.