Pinquito Bean Salad
- ½ lb. pinquito beans, prepared according to your favorite chile bean-type recipe
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 ½ lemons
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ bell pepper (red, green or yellow), diced into 1/4 -inch segments
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- salt, pepper and garlic salt, to taste
- If you're using dried beans, cook them according to package directions. Cooked beans will maintain a firm texture.
- After cooking, drain excess sauce from beans.
- Mix oil, vinegar, lemon juice, onions, bell pepper and cilantro into the beans.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Chill for several hours or overnight. Toss before serving.