- 4 cups Llano Seco Canario (Yellow Canary) Beans or Pinquito Beans, cleaned and soaked
- 1 lb bacon cut into 1” cubes, partially cooked and fat drained
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and fat drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green chiles, diced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes or puréed tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp chili powder (add to taste)
- 1 tbsp cumin (add to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Clean and soak beans using these instructions. In a large pot, add all ingredients and cover with 3 inches of cold water. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue to cook on low to medium heat.
- Cook beans until soft – depending on the beans, it will take approximately 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours to cook.