- 1/2 lb dried Black Turtle beans
- 2 tbsp of rendered bacon fat
- ½ tsp salt (the volume measurement will vary based on salt used)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 4 cups water to cook beans
- Cook the beans until tender (45 min-1hour)
- Drain beans and toss with remaining ingredients in a bowl
- Spread beans on a pan and put into a 400 degree oven for 35-40 minutes
- *These go from perfectly crunchy to burned fairly quickly so keep an eye on them. If you're using a convection oven, the cook time will be less.
- We season on the lighter side so the taste of the beans are front and center. You can adjust seasoning to your liking if you want a strongly seasoned snack.
- These are also a blank canvas for flavors, so you could take them in a totally different flavor direction, or have multiple flavors.
- If you choose an oil besides bacon fat, you'll need to increase the salt (probably by about 50% to around 4.5 g).