Canario Bean and Chorizo Soup
- 1 pound Canario beans, soaked overnight.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 pounds chorizo, cut into pieces
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large potato, peeled & diced
- Pick through the beans and discard any debris. In a food processor, add garlic, onion, red bell pepper, green pepper, and scallions.
- Cook the chorizo in the oil in a large pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer the chorizo to a plate with paper towel.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the beans, 6 cups of water, beef broth, processed vegetables, and carrots. Slightly cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the chorizo, ground cumin, cilantro, and potatoes. Simmer for 30 or 40 minutes or until the beans are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with white rice and avocado on the side.