Jackson Wonder Beans with Pork
- 8 ounces dried Jackson Wonder beans
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 cups broth or water
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh sage, rosemary or oregano, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, cover beans with water; bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes; remove from heat. Cover; let stand 1 hour. Drain beans.
- In a saucepan, heat oil; add pork, onion and garlic, cook until meat is browned and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth or water, beans, carrots and herbs. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until meat and beans are tender. Stir in salt and pepper; serve.