- 1 pound pork fat
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of fine salt
- 2 tbsp fine ground garlic
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- The pork fat should be cut up into thin slices, no more than about 1 inch square.
- You will then want to take out a non stick skillet. Any skillet that is worn and tends to get food stuck to it, is going to cause you problems with this recipe. We use a Teflon coated skillet, which gets the job done well.
- You will want to preheat the skillet to high, with the extra virgin olive oil. Olive oil has an extremely high burning point, which makes it great for this recipe.
- Once the skillet is thoroughly heated, begin placing the precut pork pieces into the burning hot oil, and cook them until crisp.
- Cooking time will vary, depending on the pork fat sizes.
- Season the fat pieces both before and after you deep fry it.