Sausage and White Bean Cassoulet
Soups & Stews
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 4-6 Llano Seco Italian sausages
4 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
coarse salt and pepper
- few sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary
- 3 cups cooked Llano Seco cannellini beans
- chicken broth or white wine (optional)
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 425' F.
- Scatter tomatoes over bottom of dish (reserve about 1/2 cup to add later).
- Add garlic, onion and sausages over top.
- Drizzle with balsamic and olive oil.
- Toss in thyme and sprinkle with S & P.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes, for sausages to be golden and tomatoes start to burst.
- Remove from oven and stir in beans and reserved 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes.
- If you'd like a bit more sauce with your beans, add a glug of white wine or chicken stock.
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes longer or until beans are cooked through.
- Serve with bread and butter for dunking and a green salad on the side.
- Feeds 4.